- 8.28.15 - John Marshall Vs University
- 2015 football preview: John Marshall Monarchs
- Preseason Big 22: Chase Gump, John Marshall Monarchs
- VIDEO: 2015 Media Day: Head Coach Rick Goodrich
- VIDEO: 2015 Media Day: Dalton Blake
- VIDEO: 2015 Media Day: Chase Gump
- VIDEO: 2015 Media Day: Austin Skrzyneki
- 1.15.15- Girls Hoops- John Marshall vs Wheeling Park
- 12.19.14 Highlights - Union Local vs John Marshall - Boys Hoops
- 11.6.14 John Marshall at Wheeling Park
- 10.31.14 John Marshall at Brooke
- 10.24.14 John Marshall at Morgantown
- 10.17.14 Oak Glen at John Marshall
- 10.10.14 Parkersburg South at John Marshall
- 10.3.14 Musselman at John Marshall
- 9.19.14 Bellefonte at John Marshall
- 9.12.14 John Marshall at Buckeye Local
- Week 2: Softite Community Federal Credit Union/WTOV9 Player of the Week, Noah Martin, John Marshall
- 8.29.14 VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS - University vs. John Marshall
- 2014 WTOV9 Football Preview: John Marshall Monarchs
- VIDEO: 2014 Media Day - Coach Rick Goodrich on the season
- VIDEO: 2014 Media Day - Dallas Catlett
- VIDEO: 2014 Media Day - Noah Martin
- VIDEO: 2014 Media Day - Chase Gump
- VIDEO: 2014 Media Day - Alex Whorton
- 1.31.14 Video Highlights - John Marshall Vs Brooke - Boys Basketball
- 2013-2014 John Marshall Boys Hoops Preview
- Renovations planned for John Marshall High School
- 11.8.13 -Video Highlight- Wheeling Park vs John Marshall
- 11.01.13 - Video Highlights - Brooke vs John Marshall
- 10.25.13 - Video Highlight - Morgantown vs John Marshall
- 10.18.13 -Video Highlights- JOHN MARSHALL vs UNIVERSITY
- 10.11.13 -Video Highlights- John Marshall vs Parkersburg South
- 9.27.13 -Video Highlight- John Marshall vs East Liverpool
- 9.20.13 -Video Highlights- John Marshall vs Oak Glen
- 9.13.13 -Video Highlights- Buckeye Local vs John Marshall
- 9.6.13 -Video Highlights- Bellaire Big Reds vs John Marshall
Renovations planned for John Marshall High School
Updated: Tuesday, November 19 2013, 04:03 PM EST
MARSHALL COUNTY, W.Va. --
Built in the 1960s, John Marshall High School will soon be on its way to getting a face-lift and new security upgrades.
Marshall County Schools officials will hear designers' plans to renovate the school at the board's monthly meeting tonight.
Plans include a number of increased security measures, a new heating and air conditioning system, renovations in the kitchen, an overall face-lift of classrooms, lunchroom renovations, and the addition of science labs.
Superintendent Michael Hince said an uncovered breezeway will be enclosed to keep the school's nearly 1,100 students from having to go outside from building to building.
"It creates difficulty for kids and it's not safe if they're outside the building," Hince said.
A new stairwell is also planned to make it easier for students to move from floor to floor.
"Currently at John Marshall, the back stairway is the only one that goes from the third floor to the first floor. In the front of the building, you would have to go outside from the second to the first floor," he said.
Modifications to the entrance of the school will increase security, creating a buffer where a person can enter the building but doesn't have immediately access to the rest of the school.
"Now there's a camera system. You can let them in, but you still don't have to go by anyone that will direct you going to the right area. You could come in that front door if you're buzzed in and go left or right, and that's just not a good situation," Hince said.
He said the renovations are expected to take from three to five years to complete.
Stay with NEWS9 and WTOV9.com for continuing coverage.