- Structure fire at vacant home
- Authorities search for missing child
- Three killed in Columbiana County crash
- Three killed in Columbiana County crash
- 1 airlifted after crash, black ice a factor
- Organization moves forward after water damage
- Missing man found safe
- Crews in East Liverpool battle structure fire
- Cars vs. cold: Keeping you on the go
- Final food deliveries in East Liverpool
- Fatal Crash Investigation
- Home heating assistance
- Salem drug bust
- Fatal shooting in Columbiana County
- House in East Liverpool destroyed by kitchen fire
- Missing teen found safe
- Police seek endangered missing teen
- Officers pull fire victims to safety
- Fire breaks out at Apartment Complex
- Man burnt during copper theft
- Two arrested in multi-county burglary ring
- Police: Baby-sitter may have raped local children in Ohio, W.Va.
- Wellsville Dog Pound upgraded
- Meals on Wheels coming to an end
- House fire in Liverpool Township
- Officials conduct drug raid in Wellsville
- Special Assignment: Fatal Epidemic: Drug use among youth
- 1 charged with firing shots in East Liverpool
- Wellsville drug bust under investigation
- Wellsville fires under investigation
- Police chase ends with a crash
- East Liverpool receives generous donation to help with city repairs
- Laundromat break-in caught on camera
- Vacant house catches fire
- Fireball meteor caught on camera
- Fatal motorcycle crash on Rt 9
- Hundreds of marijuana plants found in Columbiana Co.
- Woman writes to work through grief
- 2 dead in apparent murder-suicide at Walmart
- Chief speaks to NEWS9 about certification
- Fatal crash under investigation
- Grant money funds repairs for township road
- Fire chief's certification in question
- Patterson Field boasts new locker rooms, restrooms
- Troopers ready for holiday weekend
- ODNR to hold public meetings to discuss Abandoned Mine Land projects
- Motorcyclist killed in Columbiana Co. crash
- Murder suspect extradited to Ohio
- Two arrested in shots fired incident
- Missing fisherman found dead
- Historic landmark burns to ground
- 1 injured in East Liverpool stabbing
- Sheriff explains time it took to make arrests in murder investigatoin
- Drainage problems put home at risk
- Police name suspect in East Liverpool shooting
- 3 arrested in connection with Columbiana Co. mother’s death
- Tornado confirmed in Carroll, Columbiana counties
- Severe Weather Alert in Effect
- WTOV9.com undergoing redesign
Missing fisherman found dead
Updated: Tuesday, July 30 2013, 01:23 PM EDT
COLUMBIANA COUNTY, Ohio--
Officials in Columbiana County said that a missing fisherman has been found dead.
James Smith, 66, was reported missing around 1 p.m. Monday in Beaver Creek State Park.
A search began around 8:30 p.m. Monday.
Smith’s body was found in Beaver Creek in the park on Tuesday morning.
Family members and friends were at Beaver Creek State Park as the sun was rising. Many family members were searching up and down the river, in addition to the efforts of the Calcutta Volunteer Fire Department and the Lisbon Ohio State Highway Patrol.
It was only James Smith's second time fly fishing. His wife said he had gone for the first time on Sunday with his brother but decided to go alone yesterday. Family says he was familiar with the park, because he would often go hiking.
Officials say this isn't the first time someone has gone missing in the park but is hasn't happened in quite some time.
"It's very dark and very tough to search. We had a helicopter up, our plane came up from Columbus, but the fog limited its ability. The plan was to search the waterway this morning, clear it and then see if we had to move out onto the land, but the south team found him on their way up the river," said Lt. Joe Dragovich of the Lisbon OSHP.
Smith’s wife along with sisters in law and friends said that James did not have an enemy in the world, and would do anything for anyone. His wife said he loved his Jeeps and his bicycles.
North Star Critical Care Ambulance Company was also on scene along with the Liverpool Township Fire Department.
Authorities said they don’t believe Smith’s death is suspicious.
Stay with NEWS9 and WTOV9.com for continuing coverage.