- Officers pull fire victims to safety
- Officers pull fire victims to safety
- Fire breaks out at Apartment Complex
- Man burnt during copper theft
- Two arrested in multi-county burglary ring
- Police: Baby-sitter may have raped local children in Ohio, W.Va.
- Wellsville Dog Pound upgraded
- Meals on Wheels coming to an end
- House fire in Liverpool Township
- Officials conduct drug raid in Wellsville
- Special Assignment: Fatal Epidemic: Drug use among youth
- 1 charged with firing shots in East Liverpool
- Wellsville drug bust under investigation
- Wellsville fires under investigation
- Police chase ends with a crash
- East Liverpool receives generous donation to help with city repairs
- Laundromat break-in caught on camera
- Vacant house catches fire
- Fireball meteor caught on camera
- Fatal motorcycle crash on Rt 9
- Hundreds of marijuana plants found in Columbiana Co.
- Woman writes to work through grief
- 2 dead in apparent murder-suicide at Walmart
- Chief speaks to NEWS9 about certification
- Fatal crash under investigation
- Grant money funds repairs for township road
- Fire chief's certification in question
- Patterson Field boasts new locker rooms, restrooms
- Troopers ready for holiday weekend
- ODNR to hold public meetings to discuss Abandoned Mine Land projects
- Motorcyclist killed in Columbiana Co. crash
- Murder suspect extradited to Ohio
- Two arrested in shots fired incident
- Missing fisherman found dead
- Historic landmark burns to ground
- 1 injured in East Liverpool stabbing
- Sheriff explains time it took to make arrests in murder investigatoin
- Drainage problems put home at risk
- Police name suspect in East Liverpool shooting
- 3 arrested in connection with Columbiana Co. motherÃ¢ÂÂs death
- Tornado confirmed in Carroll, Columbiana counties
- Severe Weather Alert in Effect
- WTOV9.com undergoing redesign
Police name suspect in East Liverpool shooting
Updated: Thursday, July 25 2013, 07:25 PM EDT
By Jon Rudder
EAST LIVERPOOL, Ohio - East Liverpool police have identified a suspect in the shooting that happened on Pennsylvania Avenue in the East End of the city on Wednesday night.
Police never actually received a call for a shooting, but say they noticed a car driving erratically on Pennsylvania Avenue and pulled it over. Inside, one of the passengers was suffering from a gunshot wound.
Our NEWS9 crews arrived at the scene just moments after police. Officers were able to identify a suspect quickly because of cooperation from the victim and witnesses.
"In this case, the victims and the witnesses all cooperated," East Liverpool Police Chief John Lane said. "So we immediately knew who it was and we were able to start looking for him."
Christian Radcliff, a 25-year-old from Columbus, Ohio, is the man police identified as the gunman. They said that the victim was in an argument with a group of men on a porch. Police said Radcliff is accused of coming out of the home and shooting the 22-year-old victim.
"Obviously, when the officer stopped that car and found out the shooting had happened and who did it, they went straight to the house," Lane said. "He was already gone and at that point they started going house to house trying to find out where he was at. Every tip they got they tried to follow up on, but at this point we haven't been able to locate him."
Tips that they have received so far as to where Radcliff may be have varied. Officers searched in the area of the shooting Wednesday night, but weren't able to find him.
"We get some reports that he's left the area, and gone back to Columbus," Lane said. "We also get reports that he's still in town."
Police also said that Radcliff was just released from jail for a
shooting in East Liverpool that happened in 2008.
Investigators are continuing to look into leads and have entered Radcliff into the National Crime Information Center database.
If you have any information on where Radcliff may be, Chief Lane urges you to notify police, or you can call our anonymous Crime Busters Tipline at 1-800-862 BUST.