- Structure fire at vacant home
- Authorities search for missing child
- Three killed in Columbiana County crash
- Three killed in Columbiana County crash
- 1 airlifted after crash, black ice a factor
- Organization moves forward after water damage
- Missing man found safe
- Crews in East Liverpool battle structure fire
- Cars vs. cold: Keeping you on the go
- Final food deliveries in East Liverpool
- Fatal Crash Investigation
- Home heating assistance
- Salem drug bust
- Fatal shooting in Columbiana County
- House in East Liverpool destroyed by kitchen fire
- Missing teen found safe
- Police seek endangered missing teen
- Officers pull fire victims to safety
- Fire breaks out at Apartment Complex
- Man burnt during copper theft
- Two arrested in multi-county burglary ring
- Police: Baby-sitter may have raped local children in Ohio, W.Va.
- Wellsville Dog Pound upgraded
- Meals on Wheels coming to an end
- House fire in Liverpool Township
- Officials conduct drug raid in Wellsville
- Special Assignment: Fatal Epidemic: Drug use among youth
- 1 charged with firing shots in East Liverpool
- Wellsville drug bust under investigation
- Wellsville fires under investigation
- Police chase ends with a crash
- East Liverpool receives generous donation to help with city repairs
- Laundromat break-in caught on camera
- Vacant house catches fire
- Fireball meteor caught on camera
- Fatal motorcycle crash on Rt 9
- Hundreds of marijuana plants found in Columbiana Co.
- Woman writes to work through grief
- 2 dead in apparent murder-suicide at Walmart
- Chief speaks to NEWS9 about certification
- Fatal crash under investigation
- Grant money funds repairs for township road
- Fire chief's certification in question
- Patterson Field boasts new locker rooms, restrooms
- Troopers ready for holiday weekend
- ODNR to hold public meetings to discuss Abandoned Mine Land projects
- Motorcyclist killed in Columbiana Co. crash
- Murder suspect extradited to Ohio
- Two arrested in shots fired incident
- Missing fisherman found dead
- Historic landmark burns to ground
- 1 injured in East Liverpool stabbing
- Sheriff explains time it took to make arrests in murder investigatoin
- Drainage problems put home at risk
- Police name suspect in East Liverpool shooting
- 3 arrested in connection with Columbiana Co. mother’s death
- Tornado confirmed in Carroll, Columbiana counties
- Severe Weather Alert in Effect
- WTOV9.com undergoing redesign
Two arrested in shots fired incident
Updated: Tuesday, July 30 2013, 07:47 PM EDT
COLUMBIANA COUNTY, Ohio - Two people are in police custody accused in a shots fired incident in Wellsville, but what happened next has them facing burglary charges.
Police responded to a call around 11 p.m. Monday
for shots fired after an argument started at 16th Street and Maple Avenue.
Police said the suspects ran from the scene and stormed into another house on 14th Street that had a child in it before they were able to take them into custody.
"After the initial call came in, my guys started to respond and the fight and the argument escalated into an actual shooting," Wellsville Police Chief Joe Scarabino said.
Officials said that the suspect fired around three shots and hit a home at the corner of 16th and Maple streets with a family inside. Then, they ran to a house on 14th Street, where they forced their way in to hide.
"My officers, within eight minutes time of the entire episode, were able to take two people into custody," Scarabino said. "We were advised by six different individuals that these perpetrators ran into that residence uninvited."
A child was also present in the home that the suspects entered. Officers were able to locate where the suspects fled to quickly thanks to people in the community cooperating.
"Because as my officers are arriving, they're being told by people who are getting involved in this community 'Hey, the shooters are running this way, the shooters are running that way,'" Scarabino said.
Police say 21-year-old Lamar Coles and 18-year-old Queysean Sallis are now in the Columbiana County Jail. Coles and Sallis are both charged with Burglary and Sallis is also charged with inducing panic and discharging a firearm near a prohibited premise.
Police were able to find a weapon will continue to take statements and investigate why this shooting took place. The
suspects will appear in court for a preliminary hearing on Aug. 8 at 1 p.m.