- Woman attacked, robbed at trailer park
- Fatal hit-and-run remains under investigation
- Hancock Co. store robbed at gunpoint
- Reward offered for unsolved arsons in Jeff. Co.
- Former mayor, businessman fatally shot
- Sex offender pleads guilty to more crimes against child
- Crimes against children cases increasing
- Wheeling robber sentenced 15-54 years
- Patrol dogs helping curb drug smuggling in Ohio
- Police search for man after shots fired
- Officials investigate breaking and entering
- Police look for suspects in home burglary
- St. Clairsville PD warn of break-ins
- 1 charged, 1 at large after Weirton armed robbery
- Vehicles, properties vandalized in Mingo
- Local pizza shop robbed
- 1 wounded in Steubenville shooting
- 12 indicted on drug, firearm charges
- Police: Thieves targeting storage sheds
- Phone lines stolen
- First on 9: Downtown Dicarlos broken into again
- Police look for suspect in Wheeling shooting
- Fmr. teacher sentenced on Drug charges
- Gun found in student locker
- More info into WJU beating hearing
- Store must close for 1 year for selling synthetic drugs
- 2 Arrested in murder of Jesuit student
- WJU statement on student's death
- Wheeling Jesuit student assaulted dies
- WJU student hospitalized after assault
- Police seek attempted bank robber
- Mull sentenced to 3 years in Federal Court
- Alleged attempted kidnapping under investigation
- Air conditioning thefts leave residents in a fury
- Man wanted by Wheeling police in assault
- Police seek felon considered armed, dangerous
- Moundsville P.D. investigates burglaries
- 3 arrested in connection with Columbiana Co. motherÃ¢ÂÂs death
- WTOV9.com undergoing redesign
- FIRST ON WTOV9.COM: Search warrant executed in Bellaire
- Vandals trash dozens of buildings in Yorkville, Tiltonsville and Rayland
- Status hearings, sentencing held in Belmont court
- Stolen bulldozer plows vehicles over hillside
1 charged, 1 at large after Weirton armed robbery
Updated: Tuesday, October 29 2013, 03:47 PM EDT
By: NEWS9 and Jennifer Black
WEIRTON, W.Va. –
One suspect is in custody and another remains at large in connection with an armed robbery at a Weirton business.
Darrell Hawkins is accused of driving the getaway car when Gumby’s was robbed last weekend.
Hawkins is charged with armed robbery and conspiracy to commit armed robbery in connection with the incident. Police said he is also charged with phone harassment and violation of a domestic violence protective order, and those charges were already active warrants which are not related to the robbery.
Police are still seeking a second suspect, Steubenville resident Steven English Howell Jr. (pictured).
Police said a person in a ski mask approached two employees in an alley and demanded money, and the employees told police it looked like the man had a weapon.
Howell is believed to be the man seen in the store’s surveillance video at the time of the robbery, officials said.
Anyone with information on Howell’s whereabouts is asked to call police or the NEWS9 Lauttamus Crime Busters Security Tipline at 800-862-BUST.