- Police: Three arrested in meth lab bust
- 3 arrested in meth lab bust
- Tires slashed in Moundsville
- Woman attacked, robbed at trailer park
- Fatal hit-and-run remains under investigation
- Hancock Co. store robbed at gunpoint
- Reward offered for unsolved arsons in Jeff. Co.
- Former mayor, businessman fatally shot
- Sex offender pleads guilty to more crimes against child
- Crimes against children cases increasing
- Wheeling robber sentenced 15-54 years
- Patrol dogs helping curb drug smuggling in Ohio
- Police search for man after shots fired
- Officials investigate breaking and entering
- Police look for suspects in home burglary
- St. Clairsville PD warn of break-ins
- 1 charged, 1 at large after Weirton armed robbery
- Vehicles, properties vandalized in Mingo
- Local pizza shop robbed
- 1 wounded in Steubenville shooting
- 12 indicted on drug, firearm charges
- Police: Thieves targeting storage sheds
- Phone lines stolen
- First on 9: Downtown Dicarlos broken into again
- Police look for suspect in Wheeling shooting
- Fmr. teacher sentenced on Drug charges
- Gun found in student locker
- More info into WJU beating hearing
- Store must close for 1 year for selling synthetic drugs
- 2 Arrested in murder of Jesuit student
- WJU statement on student's death
- Wheeling Jesuit student assaulted dies
- WJU student hospitalized after assault
- Police seek attempted bank robber
- Mull sentenced to 3 years in Federal Court
- Alleged attempted kidnapping under investigation
- Air conditioning thefts leave residents in a fury
- Man wanted by Wheeling police in assault
- Police seek felon considered armed, dangerous
- Moundsville P.D. investigates burglaries
- 3 arrested in connection with Columbiana Co. motherÃ¢ÂÂs death
- WTOV9.com undergoing redesign
- FIRST ON WTOV9.COM: Search warrant executed in Bellaire
- Vandals trash dozens of buildings in Yorkville, Tiltonsville and Rayland
- Status hearings, sentencing held in Belmont court
- Stolen bulldozer plows vehicles over hillside
Alleged attempted kidnapping under investigation
Updated: Tuesday, August 13 2013, 05:34 PM EDT
Moundsville police are investigating an alleged attempted kidnapping incident that took place near McNinch Elementary School over the weekend.
Police said the mother of an 11-year-old child reported that her son was playing in the McNinch school parking lot when he was approached by a man in a silver LeSabre. The driver of the car attempted to open the passenger-side door and the boy turned to walk away toward his home.
Police said the driver then pulled around the track area and cut him off from his residence.
The boy then began to yell for help and scream "fire." At that point the man drove away.
Police are working to obtain surveillance video from local convenience stores to try to identify the car.
The only description that the boy was able to make was a white male dressed in a white hoodie.
Police said a similar incident was reported involving a car with a matching description in the 200 block of Morton Avenue.
Officials are working to determine is these cases are related.