- Police: Three arrested in meth lab bust
- 3 arrested in meth lab bust
- Tires slashed in Moundsville
- Woman attacked, robbed at trailer park
- Fatal hit-and-run remains under investigation
- Hancock Co. store robbed at gunpoint
- Reward offered for unsolved arsons in Jeff. Co.
- Former mayor, businessman fatally shot
- Sex offender pleads guilty to more crimes against child
- Crimes against children cases increasing
- Wheeling robber sentenced 15-54 years
- Patrol dogs helping curb drug smuggling in Ohio
- Police search for man after shots fired
- Officials investigate breaking and entering
- Police look for suspects in home burglary
- St. Clairsville PD warn of break-ins
- 1 charged, 1 at large after Weirton armed robbery
- Vehicles, properties vandalized in Mingo
- Local pizza shop robbed
- 1 wounded in Steubenville shooting
- 12 indicted on drug, firearm charges
- Police: Thieves targeting storage sheds
- Phone lines stolen
- First on 9: Downtown Dicarlos broken into again
- Police look for suspect in Wheeling shooting
- Fmr. teacher sentenced on Drug charges
- Gun found in student locker
- More info into WJU beating hearing
- Store must close for 1 year for selling synthetic drugs
- 2 Arrested in murder of Jesuit student
- WJU statement on student's death
- Wheeling Jesuit student assaulted dies
- WJU student hospitalized after assault
- Police seek attempted bank robber
- Mull sentenced to 3 years in Federal Court
- Alleged attempted kidnapping under investigation
- Air conditioning thefts leave residents in a fury
- Man wanted by Wheeling police in assault
- Police seek felon considered armed, dangerous
- Moundsville P.D. investigates burglaries
- 3 arrested in connection with Columbiana Co. motherÃ¢ÂÂs death
- WTOV9.com undergoing redesign
- FIRST ON WTOV9.COM: Search warrant executed in Bellaire
- Vandals trash dozens of buildings in Yorkville, Tiltonsville and Rayland
- Status hearings, sentencing held in Belmont court
- Stolen bulldozer plows vehicles over hillside
Moundsville P.D. investigates burglaries
Updated: Wednesday, July 31 2013, 05:49 PM EDT
By Philip Stahl
Three burglaries just three days apart are being investigated in Moundsville.
Chief Tom Mitchell said the burglaries, being classified as a home invasion, happened Thursday, July 25 on Center St., Saturday July 27 on Fostoria Ave., and Monday on Second Street.
"We have seen an increase of crime, but our rate of solving these crimes is up as well," said Mitchell.
According to reports, an elderly female called police after she saw a person inside her Second Street home. There, only some cash was taken.
On Fostoria Avenue, $700 was stolen and some jewelry.
Police believe both of those crimes are connected, because the burglar forced their way in with a tool using the back door.
If anyone has information about the burglaries, call the anonymous Crimebusters tipline at 800-862-BUST or firstname.lastname@example.org.