- Police: Three arrested in meth lab bust
- 3 arrested in meth lab bust
- Tires slashed in Moundsville
- Woman attacked, robbed at trailer park
- Fatal hit-and-run remains under investigation
- Hancock Co. store robbed at gunpoint
- Reward offered for unsolved arsons in Jeff. Co.
- Former mayor, businessman fatally shot
- Sex offender pleads guilty to more crimes against child
- Crimes against children cases increasing
- Wheeling robber sentenced 15-54 years
- Patrol dogs helping curb drug smuggling in Ohio
- Police search for man after shots fired
- Officials investigate breaking and entering
- Police look for suspects in home burglary
- St. Clairsville PD warn of break-ins
- 1 charged, 1 at large after Weirton armed robbery
- Vehicles, properties vandalized in Mingo
- Local pizza shop robbed
- 1 wounded in Steubenville shooting
- 12 indicted on drug, firearm charges
- Police: Thieves targeting storage sheds
- Phone lines stolen
- First on 9: Downtown Dicarlos broken into again
- Police look for suspect in Wheeling shooting
- Fmr. teacher sentenced on Drug charges
- Gun found in student locker
- More info into WJU beating hearing
- Store must close for 1 year for selling synthetic drugs
- 2 Arrested in murder of Jesuit student
- WJU statement on student's death
- Wheeling Jesuit student assaulted dies
- WJU student hospitalized after assault
- Police seek attempted bank robber
- Mull sentenced to 3 years in Federal Court
- Alleged attempted kidnapping under investigation
- Air conditioning thefts leave residents in a fury
- Man wanted by Wheeling police in assault
- Police seek felon considered armed, dangerous
- Moundsville P.D. investigates burglaries
- 3 arrested in connection with Columbiana Co. motherÃ¢ÂÂs death
- WTOV9.com undergoing redesign
- FIRST ON WTOV9.COM: Search warrant executed in Bellaire
- Vandals trash dozens of buildings in Yorkville, Tiltonsville and Rayland
- Status hearings, sentencing held in Belmont court
- Stolen bulldozer plows vehicles over hillside
Police look for suspect in Wheeling shooting
Updated: Sunday, September 22 2013, 08:04 PM EDT
More details on the shooting on Wheeling Island.
Police have identified a suspect in the case and have classified that man as being armed and dangerous.
The man police are looking for is now wanted for attempted murder.
“Based on our investigation we were able to obtain an arrest warrant for Steven Clay Kyle, Jr.,” said Detective Matt Taylor of the Wheeling Police Department.
Wheeling Police said they were called to 22 Vermont Street on September, 21, around 4 a.m. after getting many calls of gunshots being fired.
When police got there they were flagged down by the victim.
A 27-year-old man from Cleveland was shot multiple times in his upper body.
The front door of the house had several bullet holes through it, but it’s not covered up.
Police said the victim was staying there with the homeowner.
They said the suspect in the case, Steven Clay Kyle, Jr., is a black man from Cleveland, according to witnesses and evidence.
“Officers have dealt with him on several occasions,” said Taylor.
He is 22-years-old, has black hair, about 5’5” tall, 140 pounds, with a tattoo on his neck spelling the word “benka.”
“It’s still ongoing, but at this point, we have obtained a warrant for his arrest,” said Taylor.
Taylor said they don’t have a motive at this point and right now he’s facing an attempted murder charge and possibly more.
He said they have not heard back from the hospital on the victim’s conditions, but he did say those injuries are not life threatening.
If you have any information that can help police in this investigation, call our Crimebusters Tipline at 1-800-862-BUST.