- Tires slashed in Moundsville
- Woman attacked, robbed at trailer park
- Fatal hit-and-run remains under investigation
- Hancock Co. store robbed at gunpoint
- Reward offered for unsolved arsons in Jeff. Co.
- Former mayor, businessman fatally shot
- Sex offender pleads guilty to more crimes against child
- Crimes against children cases increasing
- Wheeling robber sentenced 15-54 years
- Patrol dogs helping curb drug smuggling in Ohio
- Police search for man after shots fired
- Officials investigate breaking and entering
- Police look for suspects in home burglary
- St. Clairsville PD warn of break-ins
- 1 charged, 1 at large after Weirton armed robbery
- Vehicles, properties vandalized in Mingo
- Local pizza shop robbed
- 1 wounded in Steubenville shooting
- 12 indicted on drug, firearm charges
- Police: Thieves targeting storage sheds
- Phone lines stolen
- First on 9: Downtown Dicarlos broken into again
- Police look for suspect in Wheeling shooting
- Fmr. teacher sentenced on Drug charges
- Gun found in student locker
- More info into WJU beating hearing
- Store must close for 1 year for selling synthetic drugs
- 2 Arrested in murder of Jesuit student
- WJU statement on student's death
- Wheeling Jesuit student assaulted dies
- WJU student hospitalized after assault
- Police seek attempted bank robber
- Mull sentenced to 3 years in Federal Court
- Alleged attempted kidnapping under investigation
- Air conditioning thefts leave residents in a fury
- Man wanted by Wheeling police in assault
- Police seek felon considered armed, dangerous
- Moundsville P.D. investigates burglaries
- 3 arrested in connection with Columbiana Co. motherÃ¢ÂÂs death
- WTOV9.com undergoing redesign
- FIRST ON WTOV9.COM: Search warrant executed in Bellaire
- Vandals trash dozens of buildings in Yorkville, Tiltonsville and Rayland
- Status hearings, sentencing held in Belmont court
- Stolen bulldozer plows vehicles over hillside
Police seek attempted bank robber
Updated: Friday, August 23 2013, 05:15 PM EDT
GUERNSEY COUNTY, Ohio--
Police in Guernsey County are seeking an armed man who was carrying a bag when he attempted to enter a bank.
According to a news release from the Cambridge Police Department, officers went to the U.S. Bank East Branch around 5 p.m. on Thursday after a report of an attempted robbery.
The bank had just closed for the day and employees had locked the doors when a man drove up to the bank in a black Chrysler Town & Country van.
The man got out of the van and walked up to the bank. According to the news release, the man was seen carrying a bag and a gun as he approached the doors.
After pulling on the main doors and not being able to enter the bank, the man went back to the van and drove away. He was last seen traveling south on Interstate 77.
The man is described as white, between 20 and 30 years old, about 5 feet 8 inches to 5 feet 10 inches tall with a slender build. He was wearing blue jeans and a dark-colored sweatshirt with the hood up, covering his head.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Cambridge Police Department at 740-439-4431.