- Officials search for shooter
- Wheeling business burglarized
- Police seek armed robber in Brooke Co.
- Police: Three arrested in meth lab bust
- 3 arrested in meth lab bust
- Tires slashed in Moundsville
- Woman attacked, robbed at trailer park
- Fatal hit-and-run remains under investigation
- Hancock Co. store robbed at gunpoint
- Reward offered for unsolved arsons in Jeff. Co.
- Former mayor, businessman fatally shot
- Sex offender pleads guilty to more crimes against child
- Crimes against children cases increasing
- Wheeling robber sentenced 15-54 years
- Patrol dogs helping curb drug smuggling in Ohio
- Police search for man after shots fired
- Officials investigate breaking and entering
- Police look for suspects in home burglary
- St. Clairsville PD warn of break-ins
- 1 charged, 1 at large after Weirton armed robbery
- Vehicles, properties vandalized in Mingo
- Local pizza shop robbed
- 1 wounded in Steubenville shooting
- 12 indicted on drug, firearm charges
- Police: Thieves targeting storage sheds
- Phone lines stolen
- First on 9: Downtown Dicarlos broken into again
- Police look for suspect in Wheeling shooting
- Fmr. teacher sentenced on Drug charges
- Gun found in student locker
- More info into WJU beating hearing
- Store must close for 1 year for selling synthetic drugs
- 2 Arrested in murder of Jesuit student
- WJU statement on student's death
- Wheeling Jesuit student assaulted dies
- WJU student hospitalized after assault
- Police seek attempted bank robber
- Mull sentenced to 3 years in Federal Court
- Alleged attempted kidnapping under investigation
- Air conditioning thefts leave residents in a fury
- Man wanted by Wheeling police in assault
- Police seek felon considered armed, dangerous
- Moundsville P.D. investigates burglaries
- 3 arrested in connection with Columbiana Co. motherÃ¢ÂÂs death
- WTOV9.com undergoing redesign
- FIRST ON WTOV9.COM: Search warrant executed in Bellaire
- Vandals trash dozens of buildings in Yorkville, Tiltonsville and Rayland
- Status hearings, sentencing held in Belmont court
- Stolen bulldozer plows vehicles over hillside
Police seek felon considered armed, dangerous
Updated: Friday, August 2 2013, 05:12 PM EDT
By: NEWS9 and Philip Stahl
Wheeling police are looking for convicted felon who they said is armed and dangerous.
Police said 28-year-old Shawn Devron Brookins is about 5 feet 5 inches tall and weighs about 145 pounds.
Brookins was convicted of homicide in Wheeling around 2007 and has been wanted for a parole violation for some time now.
Friday morning, after getting a call in North Wheeling about a domestic dispute, police almost apprehended Brookins.
Lt. Phil Redford said when officers arrived at 716 Main Street, they met with two people who said they were beaten by Brookins.
The victim said Brookins got into an argument with his girlfriend and then started to beat her first with his fists, then with a pool cue.
Another person got involved and was also beaten by Brookins.
Police said they believe Brookins is still in the Wheeling area, and he is considered armed and dangerous.
The domestic incident involved a child who was not injured during the altercation. Police said the child is safe with relatives.
Anyone with information is asked to call police or the NEWS9 Lauttamus Security Crime Busters Tipline at 800-862-BUST.