- Woman attacked, robbed at trailer park
- Fatal hit-and-run remains under investigation
- Hancock Co. store robbed at gunpoint
- Reward offered for unsolved arsons in Jeff. Co.
- Former mayor, businessman fatally shot
- Sex offender pleads guilty to more crimes against child
- Crimes against children cases increasing
- Wheeling robber sentenced 15-54 years
- Patrol dogs helping curb drug smuggling in Ohio
- Police search for man after shots fired
- Officials investigate breaking and entering
- Police look for suspects in home burglary
- St. Clairsville PD warn of break-ins
- 1 charged, 1 at large after Weirton armed robbery
- Vehicles, properties vandalized in Mingo
- Local pizza shop robbed
- 1 wounded in Steubenville shooting
- 12 indicted on drug, firearm charges
- Police: Thieves targeting storage sheds
- Phone lines stolen
- First on 9: Downtown Dicarlos broken into again
- Police look for suspect in Wheeling shooting
- Fmr. teacher sentenced on Drug charges
- Gun found in student locker
- More info into WJU beating hearing
- Store must close for 1 year for selling synthetic drugs
- 2 Arrested in murder of Jesuit student
- WJU statement on student's death
- Wheeling Jesuit student assaulted dies
- WJU student hospitalized after assault
- Police seek attempted bank robber
- Mull sentenced to 3 years in Federal Court
- Alleged attempted kidnapping under investigation
- Air conditioning thefts leave residents in a fury
- Man wanted by Wheeling police in assault
- Police seek felon considered armed, dangerous
- Moundsville P.D. investigates burglaries
- 3 arrested in connection with Columbiana Co. motherÃ¢ÂÂs death
- WTOV9.com undergoing redesign
- FIRST ON WTOV9.COM: Search warrant executed in Bellaire
- Vandals trash dozens of buildings in Yorkville, Tiltonsville and Rayland
- Status hearings, sentencing held in Belmont court
- Stolen bulldozer plows vehicles over hillside
WJU student hospitalized after assault
Updated: Sunday, September 1 2013, 01:01 PM EDT
Wheeling Police are investigating a malicious assault that sent a Wheeling Jesuit University student to the hospital early Saturday morning.
According to Wheeling Police Chief Shawn Schwertfeger, the student was found near Locust Avenue and National Road around 1:45 a.m.
When police arrived after getting a call that a person was on the ground injured, the victim, Kevin Figaniak, 21, was rushed to the hospital.
A second victim stated that he and Figaniak were attacked by three or four white males in their early twenties. Two of the men had brown hair and were wearing blue jeans.
Police said that Figaniak is in critical condition at Wheeling Hospital. The second victim suffered from abrasions and refused medical treatment.
Any information to help police in this assault, call the NEWS9 Crimebusters tipline at (800) 862-BUST or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All calls and emails are confidential.