Featured

Featured

 
text size

Couple injured in house fire

Updated: Thursday, December 26 2013, 09:32 PM EST

By: Crissy Clutter


MOUNDSVILLE, W.Va.--



Two people were hurt in a fire Christmas Day in Moundsville.

Flames were seen shooting out of the home, around 11:30 p.m. Wednesday, at 1716 Fourth Street.

Firefighters with the Moundsville Volunteer Fire Department say the fire began in the living room, but quickly spread.

Neighbors say the people living in the home blamed a lit candle.

The man living in the home suffered smoke inhalation and was taken to the hospital. Witnesses say he rescued the family dog.

The woman living in the home was treated on scene for a burn to the hand.

Jim Wheeler, who lives close by, said he was finishing up his Christmas celebration when he saw smoke.

"My son said there's a fire down there," says Wheeler. "The window busted out and went 'poof' and then it just got bigger."

The Fire Department is investigating. The home suffered heavy smoke damage.

The family is staying with friends.

Couple injured in house fire


Advertise with us!

Related Stories

[an error occurred while processing this directive]
 
Advertise with us!