Most Shared

Featured

Featured

 
text size

Family loses home to fire

Updated: Tuesday, August 26 2014, 07:56 AM EDT

WELLSBURG, W.Va-- A mother and her five children are now left to pick up the pieces after fire quickly spread through their Wellsburg apartment, leaving them with no place to stay.
 
Several area departments were on the scene Monday evening at 836 Charles Street for the fire in an upstairs apartment.


Fire officials believe that fire started in a dryer and heavy smoke and water damage to the apartment was reported.


The fire victim, Nora Haspel said, "They told us it was a total loss, that they have to redo it all and we have to get out. We have to all move and get out and we can't take anything out of there or nothing, it's gone. I just, wish this never happened. The kids first day of school were today."
 
The Salvation Army has stepped up to offer assistance to the family.

Family loses home to fire


Advertise with us!

Related Stories

[an error occurred while processing this directive]
 
Advertise with us!