Featured

Featured

 
text size

Fire destroys Deputy's home

Updated: Wednesday, January 22 2014, 11:03 AM EST

Flames tore through a Hancock County home yesterday, leaving nothing behind; today we learned that home belonged to one of the Hancock County sheriff’s deputies.

The community is coming together to help his family.

Deputy Douglas Wade, his 6-year-old daughter, Madison Wade and his girlfriend lost everything in the fire yesterday.

Fortunately none of them were injured, although their dog, Red, almost didn't make it out.

“But he is really sick and I thought that he would die but then he started breathing. My dad, well he actually went into the fire and he got Red dog out of the kitchen and he ran to his friend, and he brought him to the car and then went straight to the dog nurse," said Madison Wade.

Red is fine, although he is still battling through a cough.

The Wade’s home, located at 947 Snow Hill Road,is a total loss.

The Newell Fire Department, along with Chester, New Cumberland, New Manchester and Lawrenceville fire departments, all responded.

Since yesterday the Wade's have received dozens of donations, from clothes to food to money--and even toys for Madison Wade.

Madison Wade was able to save her jewelry box and her favorite pink cowboy boots.

Doug Wade’s parents said they cannot believe how many people in the community and beyond have come together.

If you would like to donate and help out the Wade family, you can deliver donations to 946 Snow Hill Road in Newell, or go to www.gofundme.com/wadefamily1.

Fire destroys Deputy's home


Advertise with us!

Related Stories

[an error occurred while processing this directive]
 
Advertise with us!