- MarkWest raising money for needy kids, families
- One arrested in grate theft
- Hancock County Courthouse renovations
- Two men arrested in Harrison County
- Commissioners approve lease agreement
- Two arrested in multi-county burglary ring
- Harrison hub facility traffic concerns
- Detectives investigating burglaries
- Harrison County EMS shortage
- Edison levy fails again
- Updates coming to Harrison County Courthouse
- Meth lab bust in Harrison County
- Beyond the Concussion: Local athlete suffers from lingering effects
- 4 injured in head-on crash
- Man falls 15 ft. out of a tree
- Head-on collision sends 3 to the hospital
- Shortage of EMT workers in Harrison County
- 2 arrested in meth lab bust
- Speed limit on Rt. 22 raised
- Harrison County ups school bus safety
- Hit-and-run crash under investigation
- Damaged to property caused by drilling
- Fireball meteor caught on camera
- Sen. Gentile hosts meeting on mine facility closure
- Harrison Co. investigating animal abuse case
- Phone lines stolen
- Water, mud force officials to close busy highway
- Commissioner reacts to closing of mine training facility
- Future of Harrison County ambulance service uncertain
- Police: Major marijuana bust in Harrison Co.
- OSHP opens substation in Harrison Co.
- Womanâs disappearance from Cadiz 'suspicious'
- FIRST ON 9: Meth Lab bust in Scio
- One injured in motorcycle crash
- 1 killed in motorcycle, semi-truck crash
- Bomb threat evacuates Hopedale Elem. School
- Car crash turns into fire in Harrison County
- Troopers ready for holiday weekend
- 8.29.13 -Video Highlights- Wheeling Central vs Harrison Central
- ODNR to hold public meetings to discuss Abandoned Mine Land projects
- Head-on collision proves fatal in Harrison County
- Accident on US 22 in Harrison County
- Police arrest one in Harrison County drug bust
- Bad road conditions concern residents, Harrison County commissioners
- 1 flown to hospital after rollover
- Severe Weather Alert in Effect
- Police issue arrest warrant for weekend robbery suspect
- WTOV9.com undergoing redesign
1 killed in motorcycle, semi-truck crash
Updated: Thursday, September 12 2013, 05:47 PM EDT
HARRISON COUNTY, Ohio --
One person was killed in a crash involving two motorcycles and a semitrailer in Harrison County on Thursday.
Richard A. Brown, 70, of Cadiz, Ohio, was killed in the crash on U.S. Route 250 in Stock Township.
According to a news release from the Ohio State Highway Patrol, the truck was slowed for stopped traffic on U.S. 250 at the intersection of State Route 646 around 11 a.m.
The driver of the semi-truck then lost control, slid left of center and crashed into Brown, who was heading west on a 1997 Harley-Davidson Softail.
Officials said Brown's motorcycle was pushed into a guardrail and caught fire. The driver of a Honda Gold Wing motorcycle then slid into the semitrailer.
Neither the truck driver nor the operator of the Gold Wing was injured.
The Ohio State Highway Patrol is investigating the crash.
Stay with NEWS9 and WTOV9.com for continuing coverage.