- New county EMS plan presented
- Police: Three arrested in meth lab bust
- 3 arrested in meth lab bust
- MarkWest raising money for needy kids, families
- One arrested in grate theft
- Hancock County Courthouse renovations
- Two men arrested in Harrison County
- Commissioners approve lease agreement
- Two arrested in multi-county burglary ring
- Harrison hub facility traffic concerns
- Detectives investigating burglaries
- Harrison County EMS shortage
- Edison levy fails again
- Updates coming to Harrison County Courthouse
- Meth lab bust in Harrison County
- Beyond the Concussion: Local athlete suffers from lingering effects
- 4 injured in head-on crash
- Man falls 15 ft. out of a tree
- Head-on collision sends 3 to the hospital
- Shortage of EMT workers in Harrison County
- 2 arrested in meth lab bust
- Speed limit on Rt. 22 raised
- Harrison County ups school bus safety
- Hit-and-run crash under investigation
- Damaged to property caused by drilling
- Fireball meteor caught on camera
- Sen. Gentile hosts meeting on mine facility closure
- Harrison Co. investigating animal abuse case
- Phone lines stolen
- Water, mud force officials to close busy highway
- Commissioner reacts to closing of mine training facility
- Future of Harrison County ambulance service uncertain
- Police: Major marijuana bust in Harrison Co.
- OSHP opens substation in Harrison Co.
- Womanâs disappearance from Cadiz 'suspicious'
- FIRST ON 9: Meth Lab bust in Scio
- One injured in motorcycle crash
- 1 killed in motorcycle, semi-truck crash
- Bomb threat evacuates Hopedale Elem. School
- Car crash turns into fire in Harrison County
- Troopers ready for holiday weekend
- 8.29.13 -Video Highlights- Wheeling Central vs Harrison Central
- ODNR to hold public meetings to discuss Abandoned Mine Land projects
- Head-on collision proves fatal in Harrison County
- Accident on US 22 in Harrison County
- Police arrest one in Harrison County drug bust
- Bad road conditions concern residents, Harrison County commissioners
- 1 flown to hospital after rollover
- Severe Weather Alert in Effect
- Police issue arrest warrant for weekend robbery suspect
- WTOV9.com undergoing redesign
Head-on collision proves fatal in Harrison County
Updated: Friday, August 9 2013, 01:08 PM EDT
Harrison County, OH - Emergency crews responded to a call of a head-on collision on US-22 near C.R. 51 in Harrison County early Friday morning.
Authorities confirmed Bryan Westlake, 36, died in the crash.
Officials at the scene said Bryan Ligget, 32, was transported to a hospital in serious condition, after witnesses say he allegedly swerved onto the other side of the road, crashing into Westlake’s car.
Troopers say a toxicology screening will be done on both drivers as common procedure. They also note that a full report will be handed over to the prosecutor, and the prosecutor will decide whether any charges will be filed against Ligget.
Both lanes of traffic were closed for about four hours this morning, but are now open.
Troopers would like to remind drivers that they can call #677 to report dangers on the roadways.
Stay with NEWS9 for continuing coverage.