- ODNR under fire after Monroe County well pad incident
- Officials investigate fatal crash
- Monroe County State Route 145 closure
- State officials investigating massive fish kill in Monroe County
- What’s next for Ormet site?
- Ormet workers learn how to receive benefits
- Feds investigating Powhatan theft, woman arrested
- Ormet will lay off remaining 42 workers
- Motorcycle crash sends one to the hospital
- Parents voice concerns about local high school
- With nowhere to house them in Monroe County, 31 arrested on drug charges
- Car goes over hill, driver rescued in Monroe County
- Ribbon cutting held for River Elementary School
- Fitzgerald visits Ormet
- A portion of Ohio 7 in Monroe County to be reduced to one lane
- Latest on ongoing animal neglect case
- Crews on scene of Woodsfield fire
- Chainsaw accident in Monroe County
- Ormet workers picketing at AEP
- Cars vs. cold: Keeping you on the go
- Toy, food drive held for laid-off workers
- Man sentenced to prison for sex crime against teen
- Car strikes Amish buggy in Monroe Co.
- Laid-off Ormet steelworkers target Ohio governor
- 2 arrested in drug raid
- Free-meals-for-all-students program discontinued
- Elem. school principal placed on admin. leave
- Local reaction to Ormet closing
- New pipeline coming to Ohio Valley
- Ormet to close potlines
- Fireball meteor caught on camera
- Ormet's future could be decided Wednesday
- Car crash sends driver to Pittsburgh hospital
- Former postmaster, sex offender faces charges again
- Troopers ready for holiday weekend
- ODNR to hold public meetings to discuss Abandoned Mine Land projects
- DEVELOPING: 3 Missing people found
- DEVELOPING: 3 Missing people found
- DEVELOPING: Missing man is found
- Search on for missing man
- Ormet workers hold rally to save jobs
- Fatal crash after man drives into home
- New steel mill coming to Monroe County
- Man indicted on 46 counts of rape
- Six arrested in child sex investigation
- Monroe County superintendent leaves struggling school district
- 1,000 Ormet jobs at stake due to limited funds for electric bills
- Severe Weather Alert in Effect
- WTOV9.com undergoing redesign
Six arrested in child sex investigation
Updated: Friday, August 2 2013, 05:19 PM EDT
By: Adam Del Rosso
MONROE COUNTY, Ohio --
Multiple people are now behind bars in Monroe County after police say they had sex with a minor.
Woodsfield Police Chief Chuck Hamilton tells NEWS9 his department arrested six people earlier this week in connection with the crime.
20-year-old Rusty Mellott, 20-year-old Scott Frontz, 18-year-old Andy Longwell and 18-year-old Freddy Mundt III, all from Woodsfield, were arrested this week after police say they had sex with a 14-year-old girl. Each now face one count of unlawful sexual conduct with a minor.
In addition, Mellott and Longwell have an additional charge of drug trafficking and Mundt also faces another charge of importuning, using an electronic device such as a cell phone to solicit pictures or text.
Josh Knowlton was also arrested for two counts of importuning and one count of attempted unlawful sexual conduct with a minor.
Hamilton says he arrested William Silknitter for bond violations for a similar, unrelated case; however, he could face more charges in this case once the investigation is complete.
Hamilton tells NEWS9 one of the suspects knew the alleged victim because the two live in the same neighborhood.
Residents that spoke with NEWS9 did not want to go on camera, but they were surprised to hear the news.
Hamilton says the case has been time consuming and calls it unfortunate since the victim allegedly involved is so young. He plans to present the case to the Monroe County Grand Jury later next week once the investigation is complete.