- Man sentenced to prison for sex crime against teen
- Man accused of child abuse in Wetzel Co.
- Fireball meteor caught on camera
- New Martinsville hosts regatta
- New contract approved
- Rollover crash pins driver under a semi-truck
- Breaking news: Shooting investigation underway
- Severe Weather Alert in Effect
- WTOV9.com undergoing redesign
New contract approved
Updated: Wednesday, August 28 2013, 09:51 PM EDT
MARSHALL COUNTY, W.Va—
Workers at the former PPG plant, now the Axiall Chemical Plant, have approved a new contract.
The three year deal was ratified Wednesday night. Workers held a vote at the Union Hall in New Martinsville.
Local 45C Union President Mike Gillespie said vote will effect hundreds of workers at the Natrium plant.
He said they have been working on a new contract for about five weeks.
The current contract was set to expire Wednesday at 11 p.m.
Employees will continue working at the plant.